help us grow The Fumbally Stables
as a community focused,
food and cultural space
position: full time manager
The Fumbally Stables is one of only a handful of independent venues/multi-purpose spaces left in Dublin. With our roots firmly in food education, culture and community building, we are looking for someone who holds these three things close to their heart but also knows the realities of the hard graft of the hospitality and creative industries.
The Fumbally Stables has been evolving since its establishment in 2014 and we’ve thrown our hat at all kinds of everything over the years. We now balance our time between organising and running our own events, workshops, gigs and collaborations, facilitating hire enquiries from outside companies and hosting and cooking for private events.
The job is a hands-on role alongside our existing managers Jael and Anna, that will encompass both in-person hosting and event management as well as business generation, admin time and computer work. The position requires a lot of flexibility. Due to the diversity of bookings in the building, every week is different and you will need to have weekend availability.
- Full time position
- Salary of 34k
- Service charge on events worked approx 2k per annum
- The Fumbally operates a profit share model with its staff (once you are working in the company for one year you automatically qualify for this)
what the job entails
- dealing with rental / event enquiries from initial first contact emails through to roll out of the event itself
- taking care of the building and its upkeep
- allocating and managing service staff, chefs and kitchen porters
- setting budgets and working with financial projections
- preparing and hosting all levels of hires in the building from moving furniture and setting up different room layouts, providing lunch & tea/coffee breaks to running full dinner service for private dining or small weddings
- pre and post event admin, invoicing and basic accounting
- new business generation – coming up with ideas for events that we can host ourselves or approaching others for hires and collaborations
- an overall connection with the full Fumbally team in both The Stables and The Café
skills / traits we are looking for
- at least three years experience in a managerial role
- a natural talent for hosting
- hospitality experience with very strong service skills
- financial projection and budgeting
- knowledge of event catering and service
- knowledge of how a kitchen is run and menu development
- active participation in the Irish cultural scene
- connections & interest in Irish food suppliers and growers
- experience with Xcel / Xero or other basic accounting & invoicing programmes
- team leadership experience
All CVs and letters of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will remain open until August 25th with interviews August 28th, 29th & 30th. Position start in September.